Girls Who Move, Move The World!
Friendships, Inclusion, and Teamwork: F.I.T. GIRL is designed to empower girls to be more active. Sessions include education, physical activity/sport, local female speakers, and a nutritious snack/drink.
The YMCA will use an award-winning curriculum and sports education program (under the Women’s Sports Foundation) designed to KEEP GIRLS MOVING. The program works across the country to keep girls involved in physical activity and improve their health.
- Become more physically active, and stay FIT FOR LIFE!
- Understand the connection between mind and body.
- Internalize the message that there is no “ideal” body type.
- Gain developmentally appropriate knowledge of nutrition and the health benefits of physical activity.
- Increase their motivation to participate in sports and other kinds of physical activity.