Y Time School Age Childcare
Laugh, Learn & Grow
The Y makes strengthening our communities our cause. Through affordable child care, we create a safe, nurturing environment that engages children, helping them to learn, grow and develop skill sets that will serve them throughout their lives. As a Child Care participant you will experience academic support, building self-esteem, and character development with the staff.
Before and After School Care:
- Were open before and after school, all school year (snow days and school breaks too!)
- We’re available to all children who are in Young Kindergarten to 5th grades.
- We keep children engaged with enriching academic activities, creative play, and games.
- We encourage healthy eating habits, physical activity, and provide nutritious snacks.
- We offer homework assistance.
- Our staff serve as mentors to make Y-Time fun and safe.
- The YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility are promoted through all activities.
2017-2018 Y Time Before/After School Care
2017-2018 Beginning Monday, August 28, 2017
For Students in Young Kindergarten – 5th Grades
Hours of Operation
Regular School-year program hours are from 6:30 AM until the start of school, and begin again at the close of school until 6 PM. Continuous care is also available 6:30am to 6pm during school breaks. Spring Break, Winter Break and Summer require separate registrations.
Location: Northeastern Elementary
Hastings Schools provide transportation from Star, Southeastern and Central Elementary (during the school-year only).
Y-Time Annual Registration Fee (applies annually to non-continuous participants) $50 non-refundable fee per family. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. As of August 2017, fees are charged monthly. This fee covers all 1/2 days, and average amount of snow days. There will be no Child Care available on certain school holidays – see Childcare Director for specific dates.
Full Time PM: $230/Month
After school to 6 pm
Full Time AM and PM: $275/Month
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Y Time Summer Care STARTING June 12, 2017
As a Y Time participant, your child will experience academic support, self-esteem building, and character development with our staff. There is much more you should know about us, like:
- We will be open all summer EXCEPT Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day
- We’re available to all students ages 5 years to 12 years old
- We keep children involved with enriching academic activities, creative play, games and field trips
- We encourage healthy eating habits, and outdoor play as much as possible
- The YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility are promoted through all activities
Hours of Operation: 6:30 am to 6 pm, Monday—Friday
Location: Northeastern Elementary, Hastings
Free Breakfast available, snacks provided. PARENTS MUST PROVIDE LUNCH if not using the Summer Food Service program at Southeastern Elementary.
Financial Aid: Scholarships are available to those who qualify. It is in your best interest to apply at least a week before the Registration Deadline. Scholarship applications are available online, at the YMCA office or at any of our drop box locations. Visit our Financial Aid page to learn more.
Please print and complete all forms below. Return them to the YMCA, Marci McCoy, or place in a YMCA drop box.