The Essence of the Y
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the YMCA of Barry County ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Everyone is Welcome
The Y welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied access based on their ability to pay. Our funds to provide financial assistance and scholarships are provided by the Barry County United Way and the Y’s Partners for Youth annual campaign. We provide assistance to youth, adults and families based on individual needs and circumstances.
Committed to Our Community
Determining assistance amounts is handled by the Y in a fair and consistent manner. Every participant receives the same benefits, regardless of whether or not they receive assistance. Y participants can feel confident knowing that they are part of an organization that cares greatly for the well-being of all people, and is committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Financial assistance is available on a first come-first serve basis. The level of assistance is based upon household size and total.
How Do I Apply?Fill out Form
- ALL STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED in order for your application to be processed.
- The form is to be completed by the applicant/adult/head of household – one application per household.
- Proof of income: Form 1040 pages 1 AND 2 of the previous year tax return for each adult in the household or if not required to file, another agreed upon proof of income.
- All information must be submitted within 30 days of application.
- If approved, financial aid/scholarships may be used for most programs provided by the YMCA of Barry County including Camp Algonquin (some restrictions apply) and EXPIRE annually on April 1, after which a new application will need to be submitted.
- If you are unsure what programs are covered or if your approved financial aid is still valid, please contact the office at 296-945-4574 or via email.