Youth ProgramsRegister Today!
Build Character. Have Fun!
Youth programs offered by the YMCA will focus on skill development, strong character, building confidence, learning new skills, improving themselves, and having fun throughout the year. Sign up now and see the difference the YMCA can make!
Spring Break Camp
Safe Sitter Class Teaches:
- Safety Skills
- Child Care Skills
- First Aid & Rescue Skills
- Life & Business Skills
- September 23, 2023
- December 9, 2023
10:00 am – 3:30 pm
Girls Who Move, Move The World!
Friendships, Inclusion, and Teamwork: F.I.T. GIRL is designed to empower girls to be more active. Sessions include education, physical activity/sport, local female speakers, and a nutritious snack/drink.
The YMCA will use an award-winning curriculum and sports education program (under the Women’s Sports Foundation) designed to KEEP GIRLS MOVING. The program works across the country to keep girls involved in physical activity and improve their health.
- Become more physically active, and stay FIT FOR LIFE!
- Understand the connection between mind and body.
- Internalize the message that there is no “ideal” body type.
- Gain developmentally appropriate knowledge of nutrition and the health benefits of physical activity.
- Increase their motivation to participate in sports and other kinds of physical activity.
Kids’ Night Out
An Evening Away While The Kids Play
Looking for a fun, engaging evening for your kids and a little free time for yourself? Send them to the Y for a fun evening participating in camp activities, crafts, AND eating dinner!
Hunter Safety Educates Knowledgeable, Responsible, & Involved Hunters
This 2-day course provides basics on how firearms work, shooting skills, marksmanship, hunting techniques, game care, survival skills, tree stand safety, basic wildlife management and hunter ethics.
Next course available in 2023:
Session: Saturday, September 23rd, 9:00 am-4:00 pm and Sunday September 24th, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Instructor: Jeff Harthy
- Location: YMCA of Barry County, 2055 Iroquois Trail, Hastings
- Fee: $10 (payment due at first class)
- Students under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Class limited to 45 participants
- There will be outside activities, so dress for the weather
- Registration Process:
- To Register, visit: https://michigan.storefront.kalkomey.com/em/events/5067
Registration is through the DNR not the YMCA
Apply one time annually for your entire family.
Coach Youth Sports
Coach youth sports and your child plays for FREE! To qualify, you must apply online, complete online training, and be selected as a coach.
For more information, contact Gina McMahon at 269-945-4574.
Referee, Lifeguard, Childcare and more.